We offer Cardiology, ENT, Hearing, Allergy, & Pulmonary Care – all under one roof. We are right beside you in New Castle.
About Dr. Msikinya:
Dr. Msikinya is a teacher, a degreed counselor and for the past decade, a family practice physician. When she is with a patient, she becomes all three.
A native of South Africa, Dr. Msikinya has embraced Indiana as her new home. Dr. Msikinya’s path to a medical degree took a few turns, as she started as a math and science teacher in her in native country. She then came to Indiana on a Fulbright scholarship to get her psychology degree. She began working on her medical degree upon returning to America with her husband in 1999. She took classes with other medical students and performed very well.These twists in life’s road brought her to Reid Health as a physician who is clearly passionate about the health of her patients.
“The most important thing I hear people say is that I listen.”
Dr. Msikinya’s experiences as a counselor and teacher have honed her skills to allow her to provide the best care for her patients. Dr. Msikinya comes to New Castle from practices in Anderson and Rising Sun, Indiana.
Phumeza – pronouced “Pah-mee-zah,” means “make it work,” something she is dedicated to doing when it comes to achieving the best health for her patients. “I get to do what I like to do, interact with people and help people. It doesn’t feel like work.”
Journey to Wellness articles:
- Know the signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Things you should know about Infant Well-Child visits
- Medicare appointments: which office visits are not like the others?
- Get the most out of your doctor’s visit
- Tobacco risks: Reasons to quit smoking
- The dangers of high blood pressure
- The ABC’s of Hepatitis
- Have you had your flu shot?
- What you need to know about Menengitis
- How to avoid getting sick during the holidays
- What you need to know about colon cancer
- How to avoid the flu
- What to know about Medicare wellness exams
- What is acid reflux?
- Preventing Shingles