We understand aging is a process that brings changes to body, mind and spirit over time – though sometimes it can seem to be a sudden thing. At Reid Geriatrics, we specialize in working with our patients 50 and older to understand and manage the effects of aging with a goal of achieving your best overall health. We care for the whole person, meeting their medical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs.
Our caring providers will help you cope with the effects of any necessary medications and work to help you keep age from affecting your lifestyle as much as possible. We will spend as much time with you as needed during appointments, communicate as needed with your loved ones and do everything we can to help you maintain wholeness in body, mind and spirit.
We understand many of our patients need extra time and attention. We are happy to provide this extra time so we can care for the most complicated combinations of illness.
We will work with you to manage any chronic conditions, and also see you for same-day sick appointments.
If you do at some point become admitted to the hospital, we seek to:
- Involve family and friends as requested by the patient.
- Discuss treatment goals with the patient and requested family members.
- Allow the patient to choose appropriate treatments and therapies.
- Coordinate care with the patient’s doctors and nurses while the patient is in the hospital.
- Assist with the transition to inpatient hospice or home care hospice as appropriate for the patient and their family.
- Offer care alongside treatments that are meant to cure.
- Be part of a team of professionals, including physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, chaplains, social workers, case managers, hospitalists, unit nurses, and intensivists.